Step 1: Choose Data Vault > Administration > Layaway Rules menu item.
Step 2: Enable Layaway by clicking the checkbox at the top of the page.
Step 3: Enable Auto Create Data Vault Accounts by clicking the check box at the top of the page.
Step 4: (optional) Click the checkbox to set the option Requires Review On Assignment.
Step 5: Under New Payments, select whether to Process Immediately or Process End Of Day.
Step 6: Under Customer Notifications, the following options are given to enable:
- Sender email address - can be used from configuration settings or overriden for the current plan or used from Mail Templates settings page.
- Email consumer [number of days] days before upcoming payment (this notification can be customized by clickin Customize button)
- Automatically Email Client on Assign/Update
Step 7: Under Merchant Notifications, the following options are given to enable:
- Email Summarized Plan Report Every [Select - Day, Week, Month, Quarter] to [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Send Daily Plan Processing Statistics Report To [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Send Payment Plan Complete Report To [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Send Failed Payment Notification To [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Transfer Transaction File via FTP - Enter the Destination, User Name, and Password. Note: Mark this check box to enable the following action: When all payments are complete, FTP the shipping file to the merchant specified FTP site
Step 8: Select Default Merchant Accounts for Payment Processing (optional)
Step 9: Enter Payment Fee. This fee will be added to each payment and does not affect the principal balance. This is a service or convenience fee.
Step 10: Enter the day of the month the customer should be billed.
Step 11: Set Tolerances. Select the Add Tolerance button. A pop up window will derive on the screen.
Step 12: The Tolerances dictate the Minimum and Maximum payment amount for a given layaway amount. The amounts are specified in a Sales Range.
» Enter the From: amount (example $0.00).
» Enter the To: amount (example $99.99).
» If you want to allow Layaway for a certain Sales Range, click the checkbox to Enable Layaway Price For This Range.
» Enter the Maximum number of months allowed for the Sales Range given above (example 5 months).
» Enter the Minimum amount you will accept in payments for the Sales Range (example payments of $20.00).
Given the above example, the first Tolerance rule will read like this: For any Sales Amount between $0 and $99.99, the maximum number of months to pay is 5 and the minimum payment must be $20.00.
You may set an unlimited number of Sales Ranges and payment rules for each.
Step 13: Click the Save button after all the correct information is entered.
Note: To edit or delete the Tolerance, click the Edit button or Delete button. Once the user is satisfied with the details of the Tolerance, click the Save button to finalize changes.
Configuration Settings allow the merchant to set the FTP parameters for send Shipment files out of the Data Vault. The Time field specifies the time of day the FTP file will be sent. The time zone for the Company will determine the time zone that applies this setting.
Note: "None" is the time zone used by the gateway by default.
The FTP URL is to set the FTP parameters for sending Shipment files our of the Data Vault.
The User Name and Password is for identification of the user.
The option 'Auto Create Client Service Portal' allows to create credentials for Client Service Portal automatically each time a Data Vault client is created (through the portal or via API request or during transactions processing).
The option 'Maximum payment types per Data Vault customer' limits number of payment types per customer.
The option 'Number of declined transactions to pause payment type' determines the number of declined attempts for the plan payment. When this number of attempts is reached system marks payment type as paused and does not process payments via the payment type.
Default Merchant Accounts for Payment Processing
Select accounts through which all plan payments should be processed by default (optional)
Customer ID Field Options
Select one option that is best for configuration regarding Values.
- Value is optional
- Value is required
- Value is autogenerated. Starts from (enter the number for which the autogenerated values will begin from)
To autogenerate missing ID's, click the checkbox for Autogenerate Missing ID's.
Transaction Retry Settings
Failed payments can be automatically reprocessed by clicking the Activate Transaction Recycling checkbox. Once activated, the merchant can specify the following: the number of times to Retry failed transactions and the Frequency (in days) which to retry them.
Customer Service Email
You can select from which email address customers will receive different notifications. The options are:
- Support email address: default support email address
- Merchant email address: default merchant company email address
- Custom email address: you can specify any valid email address
You can select which format of generated tokens you need. The options are:
- [A-Z0-9] 16-charter tokens with capital letters only
- Numeric 16-charter tokens that start with a 1 or 0 only
Billing Contact Info
Select what info should be used in trnsactions processing. The options are:
- Allow to override Billing information for tokenized payments - Information from tokenized payment API request will override Data Vault client`s billing information
- Data Vault payment type contact info only
- Data Vault payment type contact info and Data Vault customer contact info
Client Service Portal (CSP)
Here you may select what the client/customer can view and edit from there version of the gateway.
- Enable Client Service Portal - this checkbox enables the client portal so that clients users are able to login.
- Enable CSS - the merchant is able to upload his own CSS file to apply for the client portal.
- Allow user to change plan payment dates - the page where client is able to change dates for his payments becomes available in CSP.
- Enable Account Changes Notifications - the notifications about different changes of the client's account. These settings will be default for new clients.
- Send Payment Made Notification - the notification will be sent after each payment made by clients. This setting will be default for new clients.
- Enable Contact Us in Customer Service Portal - enable the page Contact Us so that clients could write to the support any questions.
- Email Address For Comments - email address on which all clients messages will be sent.