There are two types of automated billing plans: Recurring Billing and Layaway Plans. Failed payments to a plan can be reprocessed by Activate Transaction Recycling.
Recurring Plans are setup by the merchant to perform regularly scheduled billing of a Client. Recurring Plans can have multiple phases or Sequences. This allows the merchant to create different billing amounts and different pay schedules under a single plan.
Layaway Plans bill Clients on a regular basis, but the foundation of the plan is ad hoc. The actual payment is determined by Tolerances set in the Layaway Rules.
Add Payment Plan
Step 1: To create a new payment plan go to Data Vault > Plans > New.
Step 2: Enter Plan Name.
Step 3: Enter Description.
Step 4: Enter Start Date.
Step 5: Enter unique Token.
Step 6: Select whether to enable the Create Client Service Portal Account Upon Assignment (if enabled - Data Vault user with credentials for Client Service Portal will be created when the plan is assigned to a client).
Step 7: Select whether the payment plan Requires Review On Assignment.
Step 8: Select whether Prorated Payment should be Processed Immediately or Processed End Of Day.
Step 9: Under Customer Notifications, the following options are given to enable:
- Sender email address - can be used from configuration settings or overridden for the current plan or used from Mail Templates settings page.
- Email consumer [number of days] days before upcoming payment (this notification can be customized by clicking Customize button)
- Automatically Email Client on Assign/Update (if enabled - email notification will be sent to the client each time the assignment is created/updated. Note that this feature works only if the checkbox 'Auto Create Data Vault Accounts' is enabled)
- Automatically Email Client on Decline (this notification can be customized by clicking Customize button)
Step 10: Under Merchant Notifications, the following options are given to enable:
- Email Summarized Plan Report Every [Select - Day, Week, Month, Quarter] to [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Send Daily Plan Processing Statistics Report To [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Send Payment Plan Complete Report To [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Send Failed Payment Notification To [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Send Flagged Payment Notification to [Enter Addresses That Apply]
- Transfer Transaction File via FTP - Enter the Destination, User Name, and Password
Step 11: Select Default Merchant Accounts for Payment Processing (optional)
Step 12: Click Add Sequences for the plan.
Step 13: Specify Sequence settings (amount, product ID, product description, frequency and duration).
Step 14: Click Save/Exit.
Activate Transaction Recycling
Failed payments can automatically reprocessed by clicking the Activate Transaction Recycling checkbox on the Add Payment Plan page. Once activated, the merchant can specify the following: the number of times to Retry ailed transactions and the Frequency (in days) which to retry them.
The Search Plans page shows a list of all plans. A user can quickly find a plan by using the filters at the top of the page.
Step 1: To search for a payment plan go to Data Vault > Plans > Search.
Step 2: Enter the search criteria:
» Name - plan name
» Description - plan description
» Token - identification number consisting of letters and number to distinguish plan types
» Start Date - plan start date range
Step 3: Click Search.
The plans that are assigned to the clients cannot be deleted. All other plans can be deleted by pressing the Delete link.
Plans that are not assigned to any client can be fully edited. But user is unable to add/delete sequences for the plans that are already assigned to any client - he is able only to edit sequences frequency for such plans. Changes in sequences will be applied to all plan assignments after saving them.