How do limits work?
Limits are very similar to Card Number or IP Address filters but have a difference in usage workflow:
- They are not assigned to individual merchant accounts like filters.
- The scope of limits is customer based, each limit is calculated for each customer (defined by the customer identification rule).
- Limits evaluate transactions, then not only reject or approve transactions, but could also the process transaction with a smaller amount than original transaction.
Account Limits workflow:
- On the Merchant portal go to FBI Tools -> Add New Limit
- Create Account limit
- Create Custom rule
- For the custom rule select "Account Limit" in the "Action" menu
- Select created account limit
For example, if the daily limit is $100 and the customer has already successfully processed a transaction for $30, a new transaction for $70 will be approved, whereas other same day transactions will be rejected.
Also please note fields checked on the Customer Identification page should be filled on the transaction processing page.