Once you will click on the Required Fields Settings, this will open a page where merchant can mark fields as required or not required for the selected account. There are three options to apply these settings:
- Apply to current merchant account. In this case you should first select the Merchant Account from the list on the top of the page and mark fields as required or not required for it and click Save.
- Apply to new accounts. In this case you should select "Default [Will be applied to new accounts]" in the Merchant Account list, mark fields as required or not required and click Save.
- Apply to all accounts. In this case it does not matter what account is selected - you should just mark fields as required or not required and press the Apply to All Accounts button.
Also user is able to Apply or Ignore required fields settings on this page for Batch Transactions and Data Vault Transactions:
- If the checkbox "Batch Transactions" is selected then Required field settings for corresponding operation will be applied to transaction processed via Batch file.
- If the checkbox "Data Vault Transactions" is selected then Required field settings for Sale operation will be applied to Data Vault plan payments.
Please note settings will be applied for payment pages, API, POS and mobile applications
When you configure custom fields, you can do it, not only fields as required or not required.
If the check box of a custom field marked square then its settings are inherited from the Setup Custom Fields page. (Go to the Adminstration > Custom Fields tab)